The 99996356 Triton Robotic Pool Cleaner from Dolphin comes highly recommended as one of the easiest to use robotic pool cleaners as it requires no pre-installation and no connections to the existing pool system, which is fantastic as you just drop it in the pool and let it get to work.
Pool Cleaner Features & Highlights
- Cleans the pool floor, coves, and walls
- Scrubs, vacuums, and filters all pool surfaces in a cycle time of just 3 hours
- Can cover an in-ground pool up to 50 ft. long
- Simple and convenient cartridge filter system that is simple to clean
- Patented smart swivel cable that prevents tangling
- No installation or connections to pool system required – just plug’n’play!
- Eco-friendly – Costs around 15 cents to clean the pool
- Intelligently self-programmed for optimal pool scanning
- Extra long 60 ft. cable
- Suction rate of 4,233 gal per hour
- Fine porosity filter
- Weighs just 18.75 lbs, making it light enough for one person to carry
- Comes with a caddy for additional portability and easy storage
- Works in salt water pools (not sea water pools!)
- 24 month warranty on spare parts and labor
This Pool Cleaner is Good for:
In-ground residential pools that are less than 50 ft. in length. It’s extremely portable at just over 18 lbs so you can easily transport it into the pool and take it out when you are using the pool.
This Pool Cleaner is Bad for:
Pools which are longer than 50 ft. in length. It is also on the cheaper end of the robotic pool cleaner market because it cannot run automatically on a daily or weekly basis, each run requires you to tell it to start, then the entire cleaning cycle takes approximately 3 hours from there on in.
Also if you have very odd or sharp curves, this robot may struggle on its first run or its brushes simply won’t be able to reach. Some manually cleaning may be required for those spots.
What we love
The cartridge filter design makes it extremely easy to clean out the leaves and other debris from the machine. The caddy was also an unexpected surprise as it made the carrying and transport process a lot simpler and more elegant than we could have ever thought.
What we don’t like
There is a built in “brain” which scans the pool and learns all the curves and nooks and crannies of your pool. This obviously takes time so you need to have low expectations on its first run, but it gets much better over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTION: Does this have a timer? Can I just leave it in the pool and have it automatically run once a day?
Answer: Unfortunately not, but you can purchase a remote separately and operate it without having to go out to the pool.
QUESTION: Does it use a lot of power?
Answer: Given that you only need to run it a few times a week and the unit only consumes 180W, the costs are very negligible.
QUESTION: Can it clean a gunite pool?
Answer: Yes, it cleans gunite pools just fine
QUESTION: Are the filters easy to clean?
Answer: Extremely easy to use cartridge system.
See the Dolphin 99996356 Triton Robotic Pool Cleaner in action!